Monday, September 17, 2012

The Angels By My Side

There are some very special people in my life. They are dear Christian friends who have been there for my family through the really tough times. Most of them are women, but there are a few men too. They come from different age groups and backgrounds. Some have been in my life a long time and some were mere acquaintances when Matthew died. They all have one thing in common though. God has used them in a mighty way for the last two years and nearly 8 months.

Francesca Battistelli has a song entitled "Angel By Your Side" that perfectly describes what these treasured friends are to me.  Each time I hear it, I am reminded of how God has blessed me by providing comfort, support, laughter, perspective, and so much more through this wonderful group of people. In many ways they have been the literal hands, feet and voice of God to me.

I can't tell you how many times I've had someone tell me they were compelled to pray for me at a certain time. It never fails that it was a time I desperately needed someone to pray for me. I love how God works that way.  After Matthew died, I had trouble sleeping for a very long time. We all did.  Then one day I woke up and realized I had slept through the night. The next Sunday at church, a new friend told me that on that very night she woke from a sound sleep with the urging to pray for me. She did so for hours...and I slept through the night for the first time in months. Friends, that is not coincidence, that is THE Holy Spirit at work!

I have my prayer warriors that I can call on at any hour to pray for a specific need. And I know  without a doubt, they do. Now, as I am becoming stronger, I am discovering great blessings in being able to do the same for them.  I love these women and the bond that has formed. I can't imagine my life without them. 

So tonight, I just want to say "Thank You!" Thank you to all those angels who have walked so closely with Chip, Will, and me through this. You can never know how much you mean to me. I'm sure there will still be many times I will call out to you for help...this is a life long journey.  However, it is great comfort to know you will be there. I have learned the value of true friendship. It is a priceless gift that God has provided in the darkness. 

I love you all dearly!!!
Mylissa


"Angel By Your Side"
I can’t say that everything’s okay
‘Cause I can see the tears you’re crying
And I can’t promise to take the pain away
But you can know I won’t stop trying

I’ll be the angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I’ll be the strength you can’t provide on your own
‘Cause when you’re down and out of time
And you think you’ve lost the fight
Let me be the angel
The angel by your side

I know it feels like you’re running out of faith
‘Cause it’s so hard to keep believing
But if I can bring a smile back to your face
If for a moment, you’ll forget all about it

I’ll be the angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I’ll be the strength you can’t provide on your own
‘Cause when you’re down and out of time
And you think you’ve lost the fight
Let me be the angel
The angel by your side

‘Cause this won’t be the last time
You’ll need a little hope
But I want to be the first to let you know

I’ll be the angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I’ll be the strength you can’t provide on your own
‘Cause when you’re down and out of time
And you think you’ve lost the fight
Let me be the angel
The angel by your side 


 
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:  
If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. 
But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.  
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment