Wednesday, November 21, 2012

a note of Thanks...

This week is the beginning of the most difficult time of the year for me.  Thanksgiving and Christmas are so bittersweet without my Matthew. His death has taught me to treasure my time with our families so much more than I did before. But at the same time, it makes me miss Matthew so much more.

He loved family time. And his absence feels so much bigger when we're all together -
and there's no Matthew...

As soon as we get through the holidays, it's January and we face the anniversary of his death.

So, the next two months are really, really tough!

But this time also reminds me of something great.  
One of the many gifts God has given us through this journey-
The gift of friendship...

And it is a precious gift!!!

I know there are many of you who continue to lift us up in prayer. Believe me when I say we have felt it and we still feel it.  God is using you in such a powerful way to minister to my family.  
I could never say it enough, but
THANK YOU!!!

So, tonight on Thanksgiving Eve, the night before one of the hardest days of the year for me, I am giving thanks for you. Our faithful, wonderful friends and family who have not been afraid of our grief. Who have wrapped us in love. Who have lifted us up and encouraged us. Who have been the literal hands and feet of God.

Happy Thanksgiving. 
Enjoy every moment with your family. 
And thank you for being there for my family!!!

I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.
~Ephesians 1:16




1 comment:

  1. Mylissa,
    We don't know each other, but have many mutual friends. I have seen posts about your project, etc,,, which led me to your page, and then to your blog (God works in mysterious ways!) I am in awe of you and the strength and faith that you possess... and I thank you for sharing. You have no idea how many lives you are blessing and changing, just by sharing your words.
    May God continue to bless you and your family as you continue to share His words.
    Thank you so much..
    Myra K

    ReplyDelete